Friday, March 25, 2011

Where was the media this week?

I know that there are revolutions and rebellions going on all over the place, and I realize there was a tsunami and an earthquake that has left Japan devastated. I know that a soldier testified that he murdered three Afghan citizens, and that Lindsay Lohan is not taking a plea deal. I also read about Hilary Clinton pushing for jobs in Tunisia, and how tired she is. I know that Katie Couric is being let go, and that Warren Buffett is investing...
I try and read the news every day at ten.
This week at the end of my first class on wednesday, my teacher took off 5 minutes and we prayed for the victims of the terror attack in Israel. I thought it was really nice, to still have the Fogel family on our minds and in our prayers, but then someone said "50 people were hurt", I was shocked. I had just read the news, and yet had not heard anything about the terror attack in Israel. Where was the media on that story?

on wednesday night I was checking my email when I saw a friends of mine had sent me a message titled What?!?!?! the content was  Family in Los Angeles murdered in their sleep by terrorists. bomb explodes on # 2 train in NYC injuring dozens and killing at least one; over 80 missiles fired into Washinton, DC. 


Needless to say i was completely shocked! I realized they were talking about Israel, and how crazy it is that that the media hardly covered these stories. 


Why is that acceptable? why should I be informed of every little thing in Japan, but terror goes unnoticed?

No comments:

Post a Comment